Peanut-Almond Snack Bars feature pretzels, marshmallows, peanut butter, almonds, and even a little hint of chocolate. Is there any snack attack this bar can’t beat?
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups chocolate toasted oat cereal (such as Cheerios)
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup crushed hard pretzel twists
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows and peanut butter; cook 3 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly. Remove mixture from heat; stir in cereal and next 4 ingredients (through salt).
- Working quickly, spread mixture in an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray. Using a wet spoon, spread mixture into an even 1-inch layer; let stand 1 hour or until set. Cut into 16 squares.